Tuesday, March 31, 2015

escaping forward: what ever shall he do

Escaping forward into the awaiting present.
Veiling, brain picking. Opinions going at a dime a dozen.
Ah-ha, true beauty! No more white ponies; unicorns!

Rich and colorful, flowing onward the Milky Way.
Keeping along with the music, clapping and dancing!
Expansive white fluff disguised as a cloud.
Reading. Dreaming. Floating. A soaring kite.

… Napping in cozy comfort, a lion yawns. The sun is rising.
“Please excuse me, Mr. Sun, but you have my attention that
The light! My eyelids! Long night of hunting beckons my sleep.”
Ah. One day, once a day, this kind of…

Fancy a three ring circus, street cleared and on either side people cheering on the fantastic.
Elephants balancing on big starry balls, girls in bikinis swinging from ropes and dangling hoops
attached to the sky. Lion tamers wearing mustaches, cracking whips that demand attention.
Instead of curious collages – escaping forward.

Say all the who’s and the what’s
and the if’s and the but’s
suddenly appeared to me
I certainly would not like it at all.


I Surely do not like all the if what’s
and the should not’s
.Nor do I much care for the who what’s
and the but not’s.


The who’s and the if’s
and the what’s and the but’s
seem so tossed and scrambled and jumbled and bundled.
This ridiculous conglomeration makes absolutely no sense to me.


What if suddenly, the words that are spoken
and the letters that I see
No longer make sense to me?
What is a poor man to do?


What ever is a poor man to do
When all characters appear as dancing pixies…
flowing out of my pen and scurryingacross the lines of my paper.
They do indeed dance oh-so cheerfully.


What is a poor man to do
when all signs point to the should not’s?
What ever shall he do when the if what's
are alas making perfect sense?


All of a sudden, the but who’s act swiftly.
They act swiftly in telling me otherwise.
They act on instinct and warm of the
outstanding dangers I am facing…Of the
horrid if what’s and the terrific what not’s.


All at once, I feel as though I have it!
But then I remember…I remember the tales that the
who not told me about the what if
Oh no… what now?


What now… when all of the
but who’s and the should not’s
are at last joining forces…
Do I dare?


I seize the moment and write it all down.
I make sure to record all of the
what not’s and should not's
that the but who’s have to say.


I record all of the what the who what's have to say.
And I take into account every but not;
all while remembering which if what's
to stay away from.


When I feel as though I am ready,
I recall the part about what the who what’s
told me about the have not’s.
I mustn’t forget that part…


Recollecting on all the
should not’s and the who what’s
and the but not’s… and almost
completely forgetting about the if who’s
I have finally reached a conclusion!


What in Gods good name is a poor man to do
When all the burning rubble of so-called
commonsense and distant nothingness in the world,
has left him with a why?

No comments:

Post a Comment